Sigma I S Recruitment, is a trading division of Sigma I.S Ltd. Registered No. 7520578 England and Wales (“Sigma I.S Recruitment”) is the data controller in the recruitment industry. We want to reassure you that we take the collection, use and retention of your personal information seriously and below we specify how we use the information we have about you.
Collecting and using your information
Our main aim is to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process. In order to fulfill our legal and business obligations we collect your Personal Data such as your name, address, company details, telephone numbers, email address and, if you are a candidate, information you supply to us on your CV. The provision of your Personal Data may be mandatory in order to process your requests and for us to provide a service to you. If so, mandatory fields will be marked with an asterisk or any equivalent on our on-line forms. Failure to provide mandatory data may prohibit Sigma I.S Recruitment from providing the requested service.
Your information will be retained by us, processed and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To allow candidates to submit a CV, to apply for jobs advertised on our websites and for clients to post a job;
- To facilitate the recruitment process (for candidates: matching your personal details to job opportunities, for clients:
- matching your company’s requirements with candidates/ consultants details on our database);
- To forward to our clients personal details and CV’s of suitable candidates;
- To keep you informed of job opportunities or suitable candidates which we think may be of interest to you;
- To keep candidates informed of job opportunities internally within the Sigma I.S group;
- To allow candidates to subscribe to our News Letters. This service will allow candidates to receive details of latest jobs and industry news via e-mail. Where you are sent details via our news letter service, you will be able to unsubscribe from such updates;
- To preserve our business relationship with you as a user of our website, client or candidate;
- To keep you informed of the products and services (relevant to your sector and your professional interests) offered by us or our group companies via relevant marketing communications. These could include information about recently registered candidates/consultants, client workshops we are arranging, market updates, new software or training courses that may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. As a result, your information will be accessible to and processed by our recruitment consultants, responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, legal and other corporate staff, only if they have a legitimate business need to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To third parties in the event that our business merges with or is bought by another business or company, in which case we may disclose your personal data to that organisation;
- When you visit our web site our web server stores the IP address of your Internet Service Provider and the date and duration of your visit;
- We may record telephone calls we have with you for record keeping, training or quality assurance purposes.
By using this website and entering your Personal Data, you consent to processing and use of your data as described in this privacy statement.
Rights of access, modification and objection
Please contact your recruitment consultant in the event that:
- You have any queries about the information that we hold about you;
- You wish to inform us of any changes to your information or wish to correct the information we hold about you;
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, in the event that you:
- Have any requests with regard to our processing of your personal data;
- Decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us or our group companies, please either email the above address or follow the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing email messages to you. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us we may still use your information to assist you in your search for a role or to fill a job vacancy;
- Wish to access information held about you. On request, we will provide information in writing about your information stored on our database;
- Do not wish us to hold your information, you are entitled to tell us at any time and we will remove all such information from our database.
Sharing your information
We want to provide as full a service as possible and support you in your recruitment needs. Therefore, your information may be accessible by our other offices and Sigma I.S group companies subject to strict security controls. We would only send your information out of the EEA for purposes relevant to recruitment. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that a receiving party has an adequate level of data protection.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can deactivate this function at any time and set your browser to notify you whenever a cookie is sent. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our web site.
We rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to your information.
We hold your data with a view to providing future recruitment services to you and to manage the business relationship. In the event that the business relationship ceases we confirm that we will delete personal data in accordance with our internal data retention policies and our legal obligations.
We have technical and organisational security measures in place to ensure the security of your information and to protect it against deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss or unauthorised access.
Changes to this Policy
This policy was last updated in January 2014.